Hello Shiquers and welcome back fo Nerdy Shique Universe! I am back with a new post and it’s a new series or idea! My best buddy Stellarnana thought we should have our top ten songs of the month. I think it is a good idea and it can be anything! So, January is now on!
10. “Strike Back” by Back On: Starting this list off with a song I fell in love with ever since I knew the band Back On released a new one. Who is Back On? Think of them as a Japanese version of Linkin Park since they are mostly rock with a hip hop edge to their music. They have done music for anime such as Eyeshield 21 and Murder Princess but the one that I really loved was the one they did for one of my all time titles, Fairy Tail, and that is “Strike Back!” This song is opening sixteen for the anime and I have heard it both in english and Japanese and still sounds good! Plus, I did just finish watching part 17 of Fairy Tail where this opening starts playing.
9. “Karate” by BabyMetal: Next is another song by another Japanese band and that is BabyMetal. I heard about these girls all thanks to fans of them in Daytona Beach and decided why not listen to them? I am a fan but the song that really gets me pumpin’ is “Karate” from their album Metal Resistance. I would say give them a listen and if you find the video where they perform with the lead singer of Jusst Priest, watch it!
8. “Last Chance” by Cascade: Lately I have been getting into acts that were invited to Electric Daisy Carnival and to tell you the truth, I rather go to EDC than a convention rave. Why? Well, the music is not as great even if we went early. I do hear the MetroCon rave is pretty good. Anyways, the song that gets in my head is by Cascade and the song is known as “Last Chance.” It has a very soothing beat and I do like the chorus line of “This is my one last chance to breathe.” Which I can see why the DJ at EDC Las Vegas have everyone in the crowd to sing this line. Also, the beat is very catchy and good to dance to! Anime Sushi, why don’t you play this one at Cyberia during MegaCon? Or just get Cascade to do it.
7. “Dangerous Woman” by Ariana Grande: Next is a popstar that I remembered since her Nickelodeon days and that is Ariana Grande. Don’t judge me, can’t help that I sometimes listen to pop despite my lovin’ rock and metal. So, “Dangerous Woman” seems to get stuck in my head and doesn’t help that Ariana appears in Brave Exvius which is the mobile Final Fantasy game, which people are wondering “Why?” Well, she is big in Japan. This song is a almost jazzy-like song and it it is the title track on her album. I can see how she grow up from the other songs she has done already including what she did on Victorious.
6. “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by The Darkness: I know this was an early 2000’s song but it does get into my kitty ears time to time and I have been listening to it a lot in January. When I first heard this song I cracked up a lot because of how the lead singer goes into this operatic sound in his voice. I can imagine how painful it can be when playing this on Rock Band. I am not kidding! You an download it in the store for the game.
5. “Ohio Is For Lovers” by Hawthorne Heights: Okay, back to rock and lately on my I Heart Radio list this song has been coming up and it’s by Hawthorne Heights. I got into these guys around 2005ish and remembered hearing them throughout our walking Warped Tour 2007. I do like it since it has a nice balance of screaming and it is a good song to even have on the Hot Topic playlist.
4. “Circles” by Pierce the Veil: Another band that has been showing up on my I Heart Radio playlists is Pierce the Veil! I decided to kill my kitty curiosity by seeing other songs by them. I forgot the song that pops up the most on I Heart Radio but the one that I like that sometimes play is called “Circles.” I just like the chorus because it has a very awesome hook and rhythm. I would love to see these guys live at some point!
3. “Paper Moon” performed by Pellock: Well, we are in the top three and this one made me happy! So, there is this guy on YouTUbe known as Pellock and he does covers for a lot of songs in Spanish, English, and Japanese. The one that made me happy the most was when he did the cover of “Paper Moon” the second opening of one of my other most fave anime titles, Soul Eater. The guy did a pretty good cover and his band did make it sound like the original! Now I want to watch Soul Eater again!
2. “Heart Killer” by HIM: Another song that was played throughout January on I Heart Radio and that is HIM’s “Heart Killer.” They are usually known for slower songs but this one is a very good and upbeat song they have done. I think it was on the first Rock Band for the downloads store. No matter, it does get my second slot.
1. “You Are” by Paul Oakenfold: Remember when I mentioned EDC earlier? Well, another artist from that known as Paul Oakenfold and in his Las Vegas set from last year he opened with a song called “You Are” and that got me searching. You can hear this song in the video that will be included. I preferred the version that he opened his set but this one also sounds very good too.
That is it for this month’s list of top ten songs! Let’s see what February brings! Stay tuned for my next post!