Hello Shiquers and welcome back to Nerdy Shique Universe! I felt like doing something a little different and thought it would be fun and that is my Ten Ungoth Confessions! I am not that much of a goth but trying to explore it a bit more, heck even when I was in Daytona a few years back a girl did ask me if I was a goth due to my taking a class on vampires, zombies, and mummies as the subject and knowing my Halloween history when she was on team for trivia. I am somewhat goth and some people would have a little bit inside of them but here is my confession list!
1. I consider myself more into steam punk! What do I mean by this? Well, even though it is considered as an excuse for goths to wear brown but I do love the using the common objects as jewelry pieces the most. Mostly I do love gears, compasses, and watches on necklaces and earrings. I am not sure about scissors though but these three items are what I like in jewelry. Plus, I do love the goggles and do have my Harley Quin and Legend of Zelda themed goggles from Black Flame Creations, the fingerless gloves, heck I even have my own top hat. Even me, Vivi, and Stellarnan were talking about doing gender bend FFVII characters and I wanted to be Cid at first since his clothing is considered more steam punkish and I would have fun designing his clothes despite him cussing like a sailor. So yes, I consider myself more steam punk than full on goth!
2. I do not like cloves period! Yes, I can’t stand cloves as in eating them, which you can, the smell of them, and of course the most popular thing among goths is to smoke them as cigarettes. I remembered going to a friend’s concert in the downtown club area where you have to take stairs to get to the club since it was so small! No wonder it was more of a lounge but you were able to smoke and this one girl was sitting right next to me and I smelled something weird and noticed the cigarette she was smoking. I asked her about it and she said it was cloves and I did feel a headache coming on due to that and this was around the time my vision was fizzling out and my senses were enhancing to compensate for it and I told Gondras that I was getting a headache and need fresh air due to the clove smoke. It worked and when we got back she was no longer at our table. Heck, even Mama Gondras gave me a solid perfume from Lush a while back that had cloves as an ingredient and you could smell it prominently and it was horrible! I tossed it since I couldn’t stand it! In case if you are wondering, no I don’t smoke because I am asthmatic even if it’s mostly dormant but I find it gross!
3. I prefer my coffee sweet! I know a lot of goths do love their coffee and tea, I do drink tea on some occasions but mostly I am a coffee drinker especially when it comes to iced coffee which I do like to make on my own. I do like going to Dunkin Doughnuts and McDonald’s time to time but there are times when my order does go wrong or they don’t put enough flavoring. That is why I prefer my coffee to be sweet especially in the cream flavor! My favorite flavors in cream are hazelnut, salted caramel, and if I am in the mood, French vanilla! I did try the fudge brownie one and even had a double squirt because there are times where Dunkin doesn’t put enough.
4. My music taste varies! My music taste is very eclectic especially when I listen to some stuff on YouTube or I Heart Radio. I would listen to the Coheed and Cambria radio one day or listen to Mandy Moore the next. To me, you can’t always stick to one music genre, even if you have those goth elitists saying you’re not goth because of this. I will confess I did try listening to Sisters of Mercy (Vivi, don’t kill me for saying this!) but I found them kind of boring. I think I went to listen to THer For Tomorrow or something. Some of my all time fave bands in case you guys are wondering include New Found Glory, Sevendust, Soul Switch, and Traverser.
5. I love to watch talk shows! My next confession is that I do like watching talk shows on tv especially The Talk! I like how the women on that show put their thoughts on the news stories and I do like to talk about it on their Facebook page because I kind of feel like I can think about things that take place in my life or around me. I also admit I do watch Dr. Phil too because some of the stuff he has on there is interesting and I do watch Ellen time to time but on rare occasions if I feel like it.
6. I am a major lover of sweets! One of my major weaknesses is sweets! Even though my sweet tooth has been dubbing down due to a molar being chipped, I don’t know how that happened, also my teeth became extra sensitive due to some Artisan nuts that Mama Gondras sent me as a Valentine’s gift which was a really bad idea especially when I finished both cans within a week and a half of getting them, I think the pecans were the quickest since that took me two days. Anyways, I am mostly into chocolate and it is a major addiction. My fave kind of chocolate is Ghiradelli and now Cadbury has been carried in the U. S. and I enjoyed the English toffee squares that they made. Gondras did make it up to me since I asked him to get me a bag of Cadbury Royal Darks with mint for Valentine’s due to how that was more reasonable for a guy to get me. I also have been addicted to Hershey’s lately since I have the kisses and the nuggets in my big container lately.
7. When it comes to cats, I prefer rag dolls, calicos, and tabbies! Normally goths are expected to have black cats but when it comes to my love for cats, I do love black cats but I prefer the rag dolls, calicos, and tabbies because they have really pretty patterns and color variations such as the silver tabby or the rag dolls that have the looks of Siamese cats. The cat that me and Gondras consider as our cat is a tabby named Tony and he was a stray that ran around the apartment he used to live at with another little stray kitten. When Gondras and Mama Gondras moved out, they did take Tony and another tabby named Tiger but Tiger was uncomfortable with the new place and took him back to the old complex. Tony does have a major love for me the most because when I stayed after the Soul Switch concert last year and when he was in the media room to separate him from Tiger, he loved purring and nuzzling against me and when I visit or stay the night he does curl up against me, especially when I sleep over. He even gives me the look of “Why did you stop petting?” when I stop petting him. Too cute!
8. Speaking of cute, I do love cute things like a lot of girls! Yes, I got to mention this because like a lot of other girls, I do love my cute things! It doesn’t hurt admitting it even if you’re goth! I love Hello Kitty, Keroppi, Kuromi, heck I eve have a Harley Quin themed Kuromi plush I got made, I even have Happy the cat from Fiary Tail!
9. A good majority of my makeup is mostly neutral, smoky, and a few colorful items! Normally goths are expected to wear nothing but black lipstick but to tell you the truth, I only have one tube of black lipstick and trying to get around to getting more even getting another tube of the Hot Topic one at one point since that one broke on me. The rest of my makeup mostly contains neutral eye shadows, smoky pallets, and a few colorful ones like the NYX Primal collection, the Prismatic shadows by them as well, and of course the Coastal Sense Revealed 3 and the Unicorns Unite pallet by MakeUp Revolution. I do have some bold colors in my collection when it comes to lips like Ion by Kat Von D, Nightly Ritual and Royal by MAC, and a few others from KleanColor.
10. Even though my wardrobe contains a lot of black shirts, I do tend to wear a lot of nerd related shirts! Final confession is that my wardrobe does have a lot of black tees but a good majority of them are nerd related. A lot of companies print on black shirts since it does look better but I do have a few shirts in other colors from some of these companies except a good portion are on black. Some of my shirts include Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Who, and some band shirts which a majority happens to be from the band Traverser.
Well that is it for this list of confessions! It was kind of hard bu I did have fun doing it. If anyone says that you’re not goth if you are wearing a shirt with the Avengers logo and still enjoy a up of coffee, just ignore it! Even Toxic Tears did say there is no wrong way of being goth unless that was someone else. Anyways, next time I should have my Top Ten songs of April!